Friday, February 17, 2006

St. Augustine: On the Gift of Perseverance

This morning I finished reading St. Augustine’s Treatise on the Gift of Perseverance. What a great read. I love reading the fathers of the Church and Augustine soars above most of them. I wish every Roman Catholic would read this treatise by Augustine. If they did they would see how closely (mirror image) we Calvinists are doctrinally aligned with the great St. Augustine on the subjects of predestination and perseverance.

I highly recommend this work to all my Reformed brethren. It is not that long, and is a gold mind. Augustine deals with so many of the objections to predestination and perseverance that still comes up today. After more than 1,500 years, so many of the objections remain the same.

Read this treatise; you will not regret it.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

No comments: