Monday, January 28, 2008

What I'm Reading

I don't read very fast, in fact I read at about the pace of a crippled turtle, but I do try to read when ever I have spare time. These days I'm reading a number of things. My latest read was John Nevin's 1840's book, A Mystical Presence: A Vindication of the Reformed or Calvinistic Doctrine of the Holy Eucharist. I found this to be a very telling and exciting book. I found Charles Hodges review on the book and I've printed it out and hope to read it soon.

I'm meandering my way through a new biography about Mormon founder Joseph Smith. The books is Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling by historian Richard Bushman. Bushman is a well respected historian and a Mormon.

I'v also started reading the writings of Pope Gregory the Great. These writings are in the Second Series of the Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers volume XII. I've read the editor's Prolegomena and I'm now reading Gregory's The Book of Pastoral Rule. When I finish this I plan to continue reading Pope Gregory's letters.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

No comments: